Holden Electric was founded in 1957 by Ted Holden. Holden Electric grew to be the largest electrical contractor in the Brainerd area. Holden Electric contributed to the economic growth in the area over the years.
In 1991 Tim Holden took over the business from his Dad. Tim brought in several new customers and built a new office warehouse in Baxter’s Industrial park on College Road in 1996. Tim took on several large projects which include the new Mills Ford Dealership, Central Lakes College Addition, St Joseph Medical Center Addition, Potlach Corporation just to name a few.
In 2015 Tim was seeking for retirement and sold his company to Rick Osbakken. Rick started his apprenticeship at Holden in 1990 and became a Forman just a few years later but left in 1999 to open Agate Electric in his hometown of Two Harbors. With the purchase of Holden Rick decided to make Agate Electric a division of Holden so we are able to serve both Central and Northern Minnesota.
Today we have a combined 65-70 employees and we are on track to be a leading electrical contractor in the Central and Northern Minnesota.